pH Fix Media 24Kg
ph Fix is a crushed and screened Calcium Carbonate media which can inexpensively be used to neutralize acidic or low pH water to a neutral. less corrossive efluent. As it neutralises the water and increases hardness because of the calcium carbonate, a softener is recommended after its use. However, where salt content is high, an anti-scalant will be ideal of water.
When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non- corrossive equilibrium. It therefore does not overcorrect under normal conditions.
Upon contact with pH Fix, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate and raise the pH, which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwashing will prevent packing/ caking, reclassify the bed and ensure better service rates.
Depending on pH, water chemistry and flow, the pH Fix bed will have to be periodically replenished as the pH Fix gets depleted.
· Bulk Density: 1315kg/m3
· Mesh Size: 20
· Effective Size: 0.84mm
· Composition: CaCO3, 98% min.
· An AFM support bed is recommended for downflow configuration
· Water pH range: 5.0 – 7.0
· Bed depth: 600 – 770mm
· Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
· Service flow rate: 7 – 14m3/hr/m2 of media surface are ( may be modified to adapt to local conditions).
· Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth.
· FDA approved.
· Slower reacting for controlled pH correction.
· Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
|Back||Back to top|